Diffusion-weighted DICOM Import (DWIConvert) standard error?

国产MR机器的DTI等数据无法导入的情况解决方案,在短期内3DSlicer解决的可能性不大,可以尝试应用dcm2nii软件进行转换,之后再由3DSlicer读取。

Diffusion-weighted DICOM Import (DWIConvert) standard error?

Operating system:Windows 10
Slicer version:4.9.0(2018-08-04)
DTI data of the United Imaging 3.0T (China)

image.png784x172 18.4 KB

image.png1022x937 44.9 KB

Diffusion-weighted DICOM Import (DWIConvert) standard error:

Exception creating converter 
itk::ExceptionObject (0000009A0518B610)
File: D:\D\P\Slicer-0-build\BRAINSTools\DWIConvert\GenericDWIConverter.cxx
Line: 13
Description: itk::ERROR:  LoadFromDisk not relevant

Diffusion-weighted DICOM Import (DWIConvert) standard output:

======= DWI Convert Public Lib Ctest =========

image.png1102x465 12.6 KB

Found CommandLine Module, target is  C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-08-04/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/cli-modules/DWIConvert.exe
ModuleType: CommandLineModule
Diffusion-weighted DICOM Import (DWIConvert) command line: 

C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-08-04/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/cli-modules/DWIConvert.exe --conversionMode DicomToNrrd --outputVolume C:/Users/Cyufu/AppData/Local/Temp/Slicer/BBDCA_vtkMRMLDiffusionWeightedVolumeNodeB.nrrd --inputDicomDirectory D:/3DSlicer Data/DTI/20180826 XU Kaiyu/epi_dti_20180823 --outputDirectory . --smallGradientThreshold 0.2 --transposeInputBVectors 

Please let me know if you need any more information to debug this issue.
Best,
Caoyufu

The error you posted often means that DWIConvert could not find any DTI-specific information in the DICOM (unfortunately the exception path doesn’t give a helpful error message right now).

The most common cause is that the DICOM files were anonymized and the necessary fields are not present in the header.

However:

cyufu:

United Imaging 3.0T

I am not familiar with this scanner brand, so don’t know what fields it uses to store DTI information. If they are not using the standard DICOM tags for diffusion information, then a vendor-specific reader may need to be implemented in DWIConvert. I would suggest to contact the vendor to find out.

I would suggest to contact the vendor to find out.

Specifically, DWIConvert needs to know the DICOM tags which store b-value and gradient information. For example, you can find some discussion/notes about the tags of existing supported vendors on this page:

https://na-mic.org/wiki/NAMIC_Wiki:DTI:DICOM_for_DWI_and_DTI 2